Wednesday, November 29, 2006

An appointment

All praise to the NHS! A letter arrived a couple of days ago giving me an appointment with a dietician this week. A good thing that I happen to be free - and that in fact a previous booking at the time of the appointment had fallen through. Like a cynic, I have been going round telling people it would be about four months, two months for the referral letter to be logged and another two months for the appointment.

I suppose I should be writing down a list of questions about all the foods not on the list.

What about bread? I've been mostly avoiding it because of yeast.

Olive oil is out, what about rapeseed oil, which I am using for a lot of cooking.

Caffeine is banned but decaf coffee seems okay. What about decaf tea and redbush tea? What about chocolate? It seems okay.

I was hoping to turn up full of health if a little slimmer than I was six months ago. I reckon I have lost about a stone and I was not especially overweight. But I had a Mexican tortilla tonight, wrapped around ham. Doesn't seem to have done any good. Nor did the Kentucky Fried Chicken I tried to eat a couple of days ago by removing the batter. My lips are starting to tingle and they haven't done that for a few weeks, not since I was advised to try the salicylate free diet. Then there was the box of chocolates that someone had for their birthday. Of course they are stuffed with nuts and coconut. So altogether it has not been a successful week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there,

regarding you allergies, you may want to post about it on http://www.theallergyforum.co.uk

thanks

jon

Anonymous said...

hi

just to let you know that website for the allergy forum is now http://forum.theallergyforum.co.uk

thanks

jon