Friday, February 13, 2009

Kill or cure?

 I drank a pint of redbush tea yesterday. It is wonderful stuff. It lifts the mood, clears the head and most importantly kick starts the immune system. As it contains some salicylate - we don't know how much - I cannot normally drink it. But because of the salicylate it seems to be just the thing when I'm fighting a virus.

The immediate impact is alarming when you have a sore throat and hoarse voice. I start coughing (thankfully this virus has not caused much coughing). But I did not choke and after a while started to feel better.

By the end of the day there was a slight rash reappearing on my body but it had gone by the morning.

Last night I took a paracetamol before going to bed and slept for about ten hours. No camomile tea.

RAS

No comments: