Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Salads

I'm  not one for spending time making salads but now it's summer, the cupboard is bare and I wanted a light but filling lunch. I normally keep a stock of crisp lettuce and celery.

I've noticed that commercial salads increasingly are fleshed out with red cabbage - and it's ok. We had some grated cheese sandwich filler in the fridge and nobody knows more about chopping red cabbage than me.

So that's what I've done - mixed red cabbage and grated cheese, eaten with a fork. Mmmm! It's been delicious and filling.

Perhaps I can come up with more ideas for tasty and easy salads over the summer. Any thoughts?

RAS

2 comments:

Sycamore said...

I tried this tonight with green cabbage (growing in the garden) and used plain yogurt and salt as a dressing. Very acceptable! Here`s a recipe for you...1/2 cup butter whipped and dribble in 1/4 cup maple syrup (100% pure) while continuing to whip. Very nice on toast or plain scones. Keeps in the fridge for a few weeks.

Sycamore said...

Try potato and celery salad with yogurt & salt dressing....better than I thought. You could include hard boiled chopped egg.