Friday, January 19, 2007

Getting better?

I went for a meal in a Bengali restaurant as a guest of the owner a couple of days ago. He was very understanding and sought to reduce the amount of spice and herbs on everything. However even though I picked discreetly at some of the items to get at the soft meat underneath, it was by far the best and tastiest meal I've had for a long time! As the main dish he served me king prawns and produced some plain rice and nan bread. I came away feeling filled as though I'd eaten a full Bengali meal. In spite of that - no ill effects.

So the next day I was desperate for a meal and the family served up spaghetti bolognese. A plate was put out for my nephew with minimal sauce. As he did not turn up, I ate that. No immediate ill effects.

So I went to bed with a song in my heart thinking that I might have turned the corner. The "traffic light" rash on my tummy seemed almost gone too.

However during the day yesterday my throat thickened. I seemed to react to an unripe banana I was given. And today, I'm afraid, some of the other symptoms reappeared.

There is hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I also have a salicylate allergy diagnosed after severe chronic urticaria and anaphylaxis, as a vegetarian following a salicylate free diet I mainly live on beans and pluses. As long as I cook everything myself I don’t have a problem, however I don’t eat out as much as I’d like for fear of someone else’s mistake. Anyhow you keep safe

anonymous said...

Great blog entry, The those that wouldn't have the preparation and besides the information wouldn't have the ability to modify or utilize the advantages inside the most ideal path in the midst of which http://www.medicalfellowship.net/medicine-fellowship-personal-statment-help-services/pulmonary-critical-care-fellowship-personal-statement-service/ those benefits are consistently used for development of the country.